Department of Phytochemistry
Team members carry out chemical analyses of plants and plant products. They utilize extraction and distillation methods to isolate primary and secondary products, as well as elements. Molecular spectrometry, mass spectrometry with inductively coupled plasma, liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, capillary electrophoresis hyphenated with various detectors (UV/VIS, MS, FL, ELSD) are employed as methods of final analysis. These approaches allow us to obtain information on element, small organic acid, amino acid, fatty acid, sugar, fructan, vitamin, terpenoid, phenolic, glucosinolate, cannabinoid, polyamine, cytokinin and strigolactone content in relevant biological material. Data acquired might be used in fundamental research (plant biochemistry and physiology), quality assessments of genetic resources and plant products in applied research or food production.
doc. RNDr. Petr Tarkowski, Ph.D.
Head of Research Group; Crop Research Institute; Member of Scientific Board; Senior Researcher, Palacký University
+420 585 634 677, email@example.com
He majored in Analytical Chemistry and Botany at Palacký University Olomouc. After completing his studies he moved to Swedish Agricultural University in Umeå. He has been working in CRH as a Senior Researcher since 2010. In 2015 he became the Head of Central Laboratories and Research Support as well as of the Department of Genetic Resources for Vegetables, Medicinal and Special Plants (Crop Research Institute). His research is devoted to studying natural substances isolated from plants and bacteria, development of analytical methods to study phytohormones, their chemical and biochemical transformations, eventually their occurrence and interactions. Recently he has been studying cannabis and its products. He is a member of several national and international expert societies, executive boards, and an author or co-author of more than 50 scientific papers.
- 1999 - graduated in Analytical chemistry from the Faculty of Science, Palacký University, Olomouc, CZ
- 2003 - receiving Ph.D. degree in Biology at the Faculty of Science, Palacký University, Olomouc, CZ
- 2011 - habilitation in Biochemistry at the Faculty of Science, Palacký University, Olomouc, CZ
- 2002 - Research scientist, Department of Botany, Palacký University.
- 2003 - 2005 postdoc, Umea Plant Science Centre, Umea, Sweden
- 2006 - Research scientist, Department of Biochemistry, Palacký University
- 2007 - Assistant professor, Department of Biochemistry, Palacký University
- 2012 - Associate professor, Department of Biochemistry, Palacký University
- Analytical methods in plant hormone analysis
- Cytokinin biosynthesis, auxin-cytokinin interactions
- Natural products
- Author and co-author of > 50 scientific papers (53 entries at theWOS, > 2300 citation, H-index 21), > 50 conference presentations
- 2001 (7 months), 2002 (5 months) - PhD-student, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Forestry, Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology.
- 2003-2005 (20 months) - post-doctoral fellow - Umea plant science Centre, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Forestry, Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology.
- 2005 (1 month) - Department of Biology, Graduated School of Science, Osaka University
- 2009 - Invited lectures - University of Innsbruck (Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy), Graz University of Technology (Faculty of Technical Chemistry, Chemical Process Engineering, Biotechnology), Invited by Austrian Chemical Society.
- The Czech Chemical Society
- The Spectroscopic Society of J.M.M
- The Phytochemical Society of Europe
- The Czech Society for Mass Spectrometry